Winter in the doorway and no more fun than cuddling in bed and warming up and what about our dog? Can we let him cuddle with us? True, the temptation is great !!! It is fun to feel our good friend curled up with the warmth of his body close to us, or at our feet, but is that recommended?
Do you recommend sleeping with your dog? Usually not. It is better for a dog to have his own bed and place and not get used to sleeping with you or one of the family members.
Why not sleep with your dog?
1. Many dogs move in their sleep and may accidentally injure us and we may crush or injure a small dog without notice.
2. Most of the year, in our warm country, dogs tend to bring hitchhikers like fleas and ticks with them, and they should not be spared in our bed
3. Sometimes allergy or respiratory problems develop from such close contact with the dog for you as well as for the rest of the family it is better for everyone to sleep in their bed.
4. Keep in mind that even though it is fun for us now that we are individually our family situation can change, our health condition can change and it will not always suit us that our dog sleeps in our bed, so in order to avoid creating behavioral and control problems in the dog it is better from the beginning to get him to sleep in his own bed.
Why is a dog bed important?
1. The Dog Bed Its role to distinguish between the cold, hard floor in winter and your dog’s body
2. Keep the dog’s body warm
3. Be your own place for the many hours your dog sleeps.
The variety of dog beds in the specialized pet stores is huge and confusing.
How to choose the best bed for your dog?
Depends on the dog of course. He can’t speak and say what his preferences are but you can definitely watch him and decide which bed is right for him depending on his size, age and sleeping habits.
Also consider what you need out of bed for your dog, where she will stand on a closed porch or living room or bedroom,
What are the constraints of space, home furnishings, aesthetics, and how much you are willing or able to invest to make the right choice.
Still, why is it important to pay attention to choosing a dog bed?
Washing – the most important thing Is the mattress washable? Is the bed washing and washing? In order to eliminate odors, dirt and fleas, it is imperative to wash the bed or at least its cover once a month at least. If your dog is large, it is best to purchase a dog bed with a removable zipper that is easy to remove and wash. We recommend buying this bed which although specified as a cat bed, it is perfect for dogs too!